This is going to sound like an interesting meal, but I can promise you that these cheese enchiladas are delicious! This was one of my favorite meals that my mom made and now it is one of my kids’ favorites.
Just like most of the recipes that I post, this meal is quick, easy and kid friendly!
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 packet chili seasoning (or 1/4 cup if using bulk seasoning)
- 1 can black or kidney beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- shredded cheese
- Brown the ground beef (I also use ground turkey and it tastes great)
- Add the tomato sauce, chili seasoning, beans, and some water (about half a can from each tomato sauce can).
- Heat and mix through
4. Spray 9X13 pan then add a thin layer of the chili mixture to the bottom of the pan
5. Sprinkle cheese into a tortilla and roll tight. Place in the pan on top of the chili.
6. Repeat until the pan is full
7. Pour chili on top of the tortillas, covering well. (There will be plenty of extra chili that you can either make a second pan to freeze for later, or add more chili to the cooked enchiladas.)
8. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees until heated through and cheese is melted (30-40 minutes).
9. Garnish with shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, ranch, or whatever your heart desires!
I hope you will give this a try if you are struggling with what to make for dinner. I’d love to hear how it turned out.
This meal is sure to make my whole family nice and happy!
Some days I just don’t have it in me to prepare an exquisite, well-balanced meal for my family. Hard to believe and I’m sure that most of you moms out there have no idea what I’m talking about. But in case SOMEONE happens to relate, I thought that I needed to add this quick and easy homemade queso recipe. When my son came home from school yesterday and smelled the aroma he ask if we were having the “dip stuff with sausage.” After hearing my affirmative he said, “I could die” (in a good way)! He ate at least 3 helpings, but I started cleaning up at that point so he may have gone back for more. This is definitely a family favorite- everyone likes it A LOT.
A friend of mine brought this to a party I hosted several years ago as side-dish, but I now use it as a main meal. It has protein, diary and vegetables (or maybe tomatoes are a fruit?? Did that question ever get answered??)… Any way, on certain nights we call it dinner.
The best part is that it only uses 3 ingredients!
First you brown the sausage. I love using this awesome meat chopper thing so that I don’t get big chunks of meat.
Next, use a food processor to remove chunks from the Rotel (apparently, I’m not a chunk person)…
Now, you can dump everything into a crock pot for a few hours or cook it on the stove if you are ready to eat now.
Once it is heated through just stir together and dinner (or a great appetizer for a party) is served!
My kids were so very nice and happy during this meal, which always makes me nice and happy.
I love a super fast meal that I can put together quickly and trust that my family will eat it. This is one of those go to meals at our house. My grandma made it for us once when we were first married and I have been making it ever since. I love to make this one if we are needing to be somewhere right before dinner, but want to come home to a hot meal. My new oven has a delayed start time and I’m telling you… it’s changing my life!! I make this, put it in the oven with a start time of 1 hour before we will be home and walk away! When we get home from taekwondo, or gymnastics, or wherever we happened to be that day, the house smells amazing and all I have to do is pull it out and dish up dinner.
To make this meal, you need 5 ingredients: chicken breast, cheese (you can use whatever you have on hand. My grandma made her’s with Swiss cheese, but I rarely have Swiss cheese on hand, so I usually use American cheese), 1 can of cream of chicken soup, a box of chicken stuffing mix, and about 3 TBSP of butter.
First thaw and cut your chicken into smaller sizes so it will bake faster. I usually cut mine in half so it is not so thick first and if it is still long I may cut it in half again. Use whatever portion size is good for your family. Then place the chicken into a sprayed 9×13 dish.
Add the cheese slices on top of the raw chicken.
Spread the cream of chicken soup over every piece of chicken and fill in the gaps.
In a mixing bowl, melt the butter then toss with the stuffing mix using a fork.
Sprinkle the buttered stuffing over the top of the chicken soup.
Cover with foil and bake 45 min-1 hour. If you want the stuffing to be a bit crunchy then remove the foil the last 10 minutes of baking.
That’s it! I hope you will try this one out. Let me know if you do. This meal makes my family nice and happy!
- When you marry into a new family you usually get to experience some new recipes. Good or bad. Luckily, the family I married into has several easy and very yummy recipes that they’ve shared with me.
My mom makes amazing lasagna. Every year (all 30 years) that my dad coached basketball, my mom would have the team over for dinner and she always made this huge cake pan of her wonderful lasagna. The players always looked forward to that meal. She made her lasagna pretty normal, with spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese. In fact, that was the only way I knew that lasagna could be made. Since growing up and being an “adult” I have tried many times to make my mom’s lasagna just like she did, but it just doesn’t ever taste the same! So I gave up and tried the Kent family lasagna that my husband loved and that has become my only lasagna that I will make. It is a family favorite at our house every time. I love how easy it is and that I can always have the ingredients on hand.
I know that when I look up a recipe on Pinterest I don’t ever read all the details from the author, but instead just scroll down to get to the dang recipe already! So I won’t make you scroll too far…
1 large can or 2 small of Tomato Soup
1 small can of cream of Mushroom
1 lb. browned hamburger meat
1 packet or 1/4 cup of spaghetti seasoning
Lasagna Noodles (I prefer oven-ready)
1. Brown your hamburger meat with garlic and onion.
2. Use a food processor to puree the cream of mushroom. I usually add a little milk to help make it creamy. (If you like chunks of mushroom you could skip this step, but I would NEVER do that!)
I love this one that I received as a wedding gift 13 years ago. It’s great because I don’t have to mess with that middle part like you do on other types of food processors. This one is fast and easy clean up. I rinse it out and put both parts in the dishwasher. I can’t find this exact brand on Amazon, but this one looks about the same.
3. Combine tomato soup, cream of mushroom, spaghetti seasoning and hamburger meat in a mixing bowl. Sometimes I add a little water here, but not every time.
4. Spray a 9X13 pan
5. Add a layer of the sauce mixture
6. Then spread noodles on top
7. Add more sauce on top of noodles
8. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese
9. Repeat: noodles, sauce, cheese until you finish the sauce (usually 3 layers of noodles). End with sprinkled mozzarella on top.
10. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly (usually 45 min.- 1hour.)
My family was so eager to eat that I didn’t quite get a great picture before everyone dug in. Me taking pictures of everything we do (and eat) is still sort of new…
I can about guarantee that your kids will love this meal. I hope you give it a try. Let me know if you do! Eating a good meal makes everyone ready to be nice and happy!