This is going to sound like an interesting meal, but I can promise you that these cheese enchiladas are delicious! This was one of my favorite meals that my mom made and now it is one of my kids’ favorites.
Just like most of the recipes that I post, this meal is quick, easy and kid friendly!
- 2 small cans tomato sauce
- 1 packet chili seasoning (or 1/4 cup if using bulk seasoning)
- 1 can black or kidney beans
- 1 lb. ground beef
- shredded cheese
- Brown the ground beef (I also use ground turkey and it tastes great)
- Add the tomato sauce, chili seasoning, beans, and some water (about half a can from each tomato sauce can).
- Heat and mix through
4. Spray 9X13 pan then add a thin layer of the chili mixture to the bottom of the pan
5. Sprinkle cheese into a tortilla and roll tight. Place in the pan on top of the chili.
6. Repeat until the pan is full
7. Pour chili on top of the tortillas, covering well. (There will be plenty of extra chili that you can either make a second pan to freeze for later, or add more chili to the cooked enchiladas.)
8. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees until heated through and cheese is melted (30-40 minutes).
9. Garnish with shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, ranch, or whatever your heart desires!
I hope you will give this a try if you are struggling with what to make for dinner. I’d love to hear how it turned out.
This meal is sure to make my whole family nice and happy!