- When you marry into a new family you usually get to experience some new recipes. Good or bad. Luckily, the family I married into has several easy and very yummy recipes that they’ve shared with me.
My mom makes amazing lasagna. Every year (all 30 years) that my dad coached basketball, my mom would have the team over for dinner and she always made this huge cake pan of her wonderful lasagna. The players always looked forward to that meal. She made her lasagna pretty normal, with spaghetti sauce and cottage cheese. In fact, that was the only way I knew that lasagna could be made. Since growing up and being an “adult” I have tried many times to make my mom’s lasagna just like she did, but it just doesn’t ever taste the same! So I gave up and tried the Kent family lasagna that my husband loved and that has become my only lasagna that I will make. It is a family favorite at our house every time. I love how easy it is and that I can always have the ingredients on hand.
I know that when I look up a recipe on Pinterest I don’t ever read all the details from the author, but instead just scroll down to get to the dang recipe already! So I won’t make you scroll too far…
1 large can or 2 small of Tomato Soup
1 small can of cream of Mushroom
1 lb. browned hamburger meat
1 packet or 1/4 cup of spaghetti seasoning
Lasagna Noodles (I prefer oven-ready)
1. Brown your hamburger meat with garlic and onion.
2. Use a food processor to puree the cream of mushroom. I usually add a little milk to help make it creamy. (If you like chunks of mushroom you could skip this step, but I would NEVER do that!)
I love this one that I received as a wedding gift 13 years ago. It’s great because I don’t have to mess with that middle part like you do on other types of food processors. This one is fast and easy clean up. I rinse it out and put both parts in the dishwasher. I can’t find this exact brand on Amazon, but this one looks about the same.
3. Combine tomato soup, cream of mushroom, spaghetti seasoning and hamburger meat in a mixing bowl. Sometimes I add a little water here, but not every time.
4. Spray a 9X13 pan
5. Add a layer of the sauce mixture
6. Then spread noodles on top
7. Add more sauce on top of noodles
8. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese
9. Repeat: noodles, sauce, cheese until you finish the sauce (usually 3 layers of noodles). End with sprinkled mozzarella on top.
10. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly (usually 45 min.- 1hour.)
My family was so eager to eat that I didn’t quite get a great picture before everyone dug in. Me taking pictures of everything we do (and eat) is still sort of new…
I can about guarantee that your kids will love this meal. I hope you give it a try. Let me know if you do! Eating a good meal makes everyone ready to be nice and happy!